When I run License Manager I get following error: 'The Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0
provider is not registered on the local machine'.
It looks like you are using Windows Vista 64 or Windows XP 64. Are you? There is
no 64-bit version of Jet and Microsoft has no plans at this time to create a 64-bit
version of Jet. So you can’t use License Manager with MS Access database. Fortunately
our product supports using of the MS SQL database, either Express version or fully
functional server. To switch License Manager to use MS SQL database instead of MS
Access do following:
- You should be sure that you have instance of the MS SQL (Express or server) installed and run. MS SQL Express can be used locally. MS SQL Server can be run anywhere.
- If you are using MS SQL Server (not Express) then create empty database Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
- Make License Manager run by clicking “No” in all error dialogs.
- Go to the "Settings" tab.
- Change "Database type" to the MSSQL.
- Change connection string to point to your database. In case if you are using MS SQL Express it should be “Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\Database\ MancoLicensing.mdf;Integrated Security=True;User Instance=True”.
- Click "Save settings" toolbar button.
- Restart License Manager.